400g sausage mince
300g beef mince
1 brown onion, coarsely grated
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
35g (1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Kewpie mayonnaise, to serve
Barbecue sauce, to serve
Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
1. Combine the sausage and beef mince, onion, carrot, garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley and 1 egg in a bowl. Season. Mix until well combined (the mixture will be sticky).
2. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Lightly whisk the remaining egg in a bowl.
3. Cut the pastry sheets in half. Place one-sixth of the mince mixture along centre of each piece of pastry. Brush 1 long edge with egg. Fold pastry over to enclose the filling, pressing to seal. Cut each roll into thirds. Place the sausage rolls, seam side down, on the prepared trays. Brush the pastry with egg. Use a small sharp knife to pierce the tops a few times to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked and golden.
4. Drizzle the sausage rolls with mayonnaise and then barbecue sauce. Scatter with coriander sprigs to serve.
5. You can jazz up these sausage rolls with creamy mayo and barbecue dipping sauce.