Festive fudge you can make in the microwave, what’s better than that!
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp (60g) queen glucose syrup
- 200g white chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm x 20cm Wiltshire rose gold square cake tin (or 26cm x 16cm slice tin) with baking paper.
- In a large 3L capacity bowl, combine condensed milk, sugar, butter and glucose syrup and microwave for 8 minutes, stopping every 2 minutes to stir the mixture. Keep a close eye on the microwave as the mixture might bubble over.
- Add the white chocolate melts and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy, then add the cranberries and pistachios and stir to combine. Working quickly pour into tin and smooth out over base.
- Sprinkle over desiccated coconut and lightly press down into fudge with a piece of baking paper. Allow to cool completely before refrigerating for at least four hours (or overnight). Slice into pieces with a hot knife to serve.
- This recipe is optimised for a 1100 watt microwave so you might need less or more time depending on the wattage of your microwave