Custard apple and pear crumble This apple crumble contains all the deliciousness we've come to associate with the wholesome dessert and less of the artificial sweeteners we really
2 custard apple (medium)
4 pears (cored,peeled,ripe,thinly sliced)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbs coconut sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra for coating)
pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brush a standard (22cm) pie dish with a
bit of olive oil.
2. Scoop custard apple from the skin and remove seeds. Discard seeds and skin. Combine custard apple flesh and sliced pears in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle fruit with the ginger, salt, sugar and lemon juice, and toss gently to combine. Tip into the prepared pie plate.
4. In a medium bowl, combine all crumble topping ingredients and stir until oats are evenly coated. Sprinkle crumble over fruit.
5. Place the baking dish on a tray to catch any drips and bake crumble for 30 minutes, until fruit is bubbling and topping golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of yoghurt or ice cream.