A good foundation for good healthstart at the first years of life. This influences how children feel and go about their everyday lives. Family life, schooling, social and sporting engagement, all these affect your child’s well-being, a child’s health. It’s about being able to maintain a healthy lifestyle, instilling good habits at an early age, your child is able to learn this foundation will lead to a lifelong habit for essential development. Healthy eating is quite essential to every child’s growth and development. Not only will they feel better, look better and be able to enjoy life more, this gives them better chances against developing chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and obesity. Teach your kids early on. Here are some tips on how you can encourage healthy eating habits to your child:
- Make meal time, family time, that means no mobile phones, iPADs, TV. It’s time for your family to sit down, enjoy the meal, and talk.
- Make it fun! Fruit cutouts, creative sandwiches, it’s about attracting your kids to the food.
- Make it sure you eat a healthy breakfast everyday!
- Make your children be part of the food making process, try out a new recipe and let them help you buy, prepare and cook the meal.
- Make sure, you keep junk food to a minimal, if you are not going to totally eradicate it from your household. Limiting these food limits the chances your child from becoming overweight.
- Ice-cream, chocolate
- Processed meat
- Commercial food, fast food
- fatty/salty snacks
If you have started on this already, kudos! If not, it’s never too late! Start slow and small and introduce a healthier way of life for your child.